Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Cooking Chinese
1 whole large chicken breast, skinned, halved lengthwise and boned
1 ½ cup water
⅓ cup soy sauce
¼ cup dry sherry
2 ⅕ Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp Honey
2 tsp instant chicken bouillon granules
1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained
1 cup fresh pea pods or 3 ounces of frozen pea pods, thawed
½ cup fresh mushrooms
4 to 6 green onions
2-3 Tbsp fresh ginger root
2 Tbsp cooking oil
1) Partially freeze chicken; thinly slice into bite-size strips.
2) In a small mixing bowl, stir together the water, soy sauce, dry sherry, cornstarch, honey,
and instant chicken bouillon granules; mix well.
3) Slice the drained water chestnuts; set aside. Halve the pea pods crosswise; set aside.
Slice the mushrooms and green onions; set aside. Grate the ginger root; set aside.
4) Preheat wok or large skillet over high heat; add oil. Add the chicken to wok or skillet;
stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes. Remove chicken. (Add more oil, if necessary) Stir-fry water
chestnuts, pea pods, mushrooms, green onions, and ginger root 3 to 4 minutes.
5) Return chicken to wok or skillet. Stir the bouillon mixture and stir into chicken. Cook and
stir till thickened and bubbly. Cover and cook 2 minutes more or till heated through.
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment/question! We are busy buzzing across American spreading the sweet news about honey and beekeeping, but we will do our best to respond in the next 24 hours. We appreciate your patience!