Winter is a special time for celebrating – why not celebrate bees, too? Here are a few ways you can enjoy honey bees and the good gifts they give us this season:
|Beeswax makes beautiful candles!|
3) Looking for a honey bee-friendly gift? You can help the honey bees and brighten someone’s day at the same time:
- A jar of honey makes a very sweet gift (find unique honey varietals here)
- Honey isn’t just for eating – it’s a sweet treat for skin, too! A family
member, friend, or teacher would love a bottle of Lemon Drop Body Wash
or jar of Lemon Drop Body Scrub to exfoliate and moisturize skin. Learn
how to whip up these fun, easy recipes by watching the short videos!
- Give the gift of bees – you and your family, school, or club could help a
needy family by giving them a beehive!
- Encourage someone to cook with honey – make up a jar of easy Honey Spice Oatmeal Cookie Mix!
|Honey bees love asters and many other kinds of flowers -|
which flowers will you plant for the honey bees next spring?
- Beekeeping for Dummies by Howland Blackiston
6) Too cold to go outside? Beeswax is lots of fun for crafting – make a beeswax origami boat that really floats!
|Thank you, honey bees, for bringing us |
almost 1/3 of our food!
8) Above all, remember the importance of honey bee pollination: at Christmas dinner or another holiday feast, fill your plate, then scrape 1/3 of the food back off (even the tasty stuff). That’s just about what you’d have left if honey bees disappeared! Now “bee” thankful for the bees and replace the food onto your plate.