Honey bees collect nectar and pollen from the flowers and plants they visit. However, there are certain flowers and plants that they tend to visit more than others. Knowing which flowers and plants that better attract honey bees can allow you to plant the right ones in your garden. Each type of flower has a different blooming season, length of life, and how tall they are. Knowing these details allows to you pick the perfect ones based on your needs.
Some of the top flowers that honey bees like are:
- Blooms in the Spring, grows back every year, and grows to 1-4 feet tall.
- Bloom in the Summer and Fall starting the 2nd year, grows back every year, and grow to be 1-3 feet tall.
- Bloom in the Summer and Fall, grows back every year, and grows to 2-4 feet tall.
- Bloom in the Summer and Fall, only grow/live for one season, and can range in height from 1-15 feet tall.
- Blooms from late Summer to Fall, grows back every year, and is about 3-4 feet tall.